Inga UFO:s har landat på jorden

I alla fall finns det inga som helst bevis för det och därmed är det inte heller troligt att några aliens nånsin landat på jorden. Det är vad det brittiska försvaret kommit fram till efter 60 års UFO-forskning. Forskningen avslutades år 2009 då de kommit fram till att den knappast behövdes:

The files reveal for the first time the reasons behind the closure of the UFO Desk and how sightings had become a social phenomenon making tabloid headlines and sparking a disclosure campaign for ‘the truth’.

Dr David Clarke, author of the book ‘The UFO Files’, said: ‘The last pieces of the puzzle have finally been revealed with this insight into the last days of the UFO Desk. These files spell out clearly why the Ministry of Defence decided – after 60 years – it no longer needed to keep tabs on sightings, even those made by ‘credible’ people such as police officers and pilots. The last files from the UFO desk are now all in the public domain. People at home can read them and draw their own conclusions about whether ‘the truth’ is in these files or still out there.’

Reasons behind the closure

The UFO Desk received over 600 UFO sightings and reports in 2009, treble the amount of the previous year. With this surge in sighting reports, increasing time and resources were needed to manage the UFO Desk, which the files note ‘serves no defence purpose and merely encourages the generation of correspondence’.

The files also show that in 2009, Defence Minister Bob Ainsworth was told that in more than 50 years ‘no UFO sighting reported to [MoD] has ever revealed anything to suggest an extra-terrestrial presence or military threat to the UK’ (DEFE 24/2458/1).

Grey alienMajoriteten av rapporter som brittiska försvaret fått in har varit helt ointressanta. Troligen har det brittiska försvaret också rätt. Inga främmande intelligenta varelser från främmande världar har nånsin landat på jorden. Däremot är det väl möjligt att några sådana kan finnas nån annan stans ute i rymden. Förutsättningarna för liv finns ju även på andra planeter.

Men vad det gäller rapporter om utomjordingar som landat på jorden så är det ett socialt och kulturellt fenomen som framförallt berör anglosaxiska länder och inte indikerar några verkliga besök. Rapporterna om landningar är en konsekvens av serier, böcker och filmer:

 On average between one and two hundred sightings were logged by the ‘UFO desk’ each year, but some years broke records. For instance in 2009 until November, when the MoD closed their UFO hotline for good, 643 sightings were recorded.

Was this and similar spikes in numbers recorded in 1978 and 1996-97 the result of aliens stepping up their surveillance of the Earth? Or is it more likely that people’s awareness of the subject, raised by press stories and movies like Close Encounters or The X-Files, made them more inclined to report their experiences officially?

If the latter is true, and I believe the evidence is overwhelming, then we have to accept UFOs – whatever their ultimate origin may be – are a social and cultural phenomenon. In the absence of any convincing evidence for the existence of aliens, they are a mystery that has more to do with what we as humans want to believe about our place in the universe.

And if the contents of the files teach us anything, they demonstrate that in the vast majority of examples, UFOs turn out to be IFOs – Identified Flying Objects.

Chinese lanterns and balloons, aircraft (both civilian and military), bright stars and planets, meteors, space junk, unusual weather and rare natural phenomena can explain more than 95%. And as for the remaining 5% we should always remember that the U in UFO stands for ‘unidentified’, not ‘alien spaceship’.

Intressant?
Läs även andra bloggares åsikter om , , , , ,